Wa Ale Island Resort Vacancy – Sous Chef
Wa Ale Island Resort is seeking a talented and enthusiastic Sous Chef to join it’s team starting in the middle to late September.
Wa Ale is a luxury resort in the Myiek archipelago in Southern Myanmar with focus on healthy homemade cuisine with styles focusing on Mediterranean blended with South East Asian. All staff live on the island for the season which runs from October through May.
The ideal candidate should show the following traits:
- Ability to lead a small team of chefs when the head chef is not in charge of the kitchen
- Lead by example and be willing to train younger chefs
- Be able to work in all areas of the kitchen, including but not limited to:cold prep, plated presentation, baking, pastry work, sauce and hot dish production.
- Be able to work clean and have knowledge of food safety, hygienic food preparation and storage
- Show willingness to learn new skills
- The ability to read and speak English
- Be comfortable talking to guests and explain menu items
Wages will be based on experience.